How to Cultivate Livestock Tilapia Fish To Get Big Fast - Entrepreneurs need to know how to cultivate tilapia, considering the prospect of this business is quite promising.
For seafood fans, especially fish, you may already be quite familiar with tilapia. How could that be? This type of freshwater fish is indeed the article is often consumed as a side dish of white rice.
For your information, this fish was originally discovered by Mr. Mujair (man) at the mouth of the Serang river in the Blitar area. So, related to his findings, the local community gave him the name we currently know as tilapia fish.
This type of fish which has the Latin name Oreochromis Mossambicus has a fairly complete nutritional content, namely vitamins, minerals, and protein, so it is not surprising that many people make this type of fish their favorite side dish.
How to Cultivate Livestock Tilapia Fish To Get Big Fast
With their quick adaptability and tendency to breed easily, business people must learn how to raise tilapia and use it to make a profit.
However, currently there are still many entrepreneurs who tend to avoid livestock business because it is considered too difficult and requires large capital.
If you are interested in learning how to cultivate tilapia, you don't have to worry.
Because of course the capital and energy that you have spent can certainly turn you into extraordinary profits.
Want to know how to cultivate tilapia? Just follow some easy steps below.
7 Easy Steps to Cultivating Tilapia Fish
1. Parental Selection
Be it tilapia cultivation or other types of fish, broodstock selection is one of the most important first steps.
This is because the broodstock has a role and determines the quality of the tilapia that you will cultivate.
Parent with good quality will certainly produce a good generation as well.
A good parent is a healthy parent with a body weight of at least 100 grams. Parent tilapia itself consists of two types, namely male and female, each of which has a different stature.
Then, how to distinguish male and female tilapia?
- Has two holes in the urogenital part, namely the anus and sperm which also doubles as a urine hole
- The tip of the fin is bright and clear reddish
- Darker or blackish belly
- It has 3 urogenital orifices, which consist of the anal canal, the oviduct, and the urinary opening.
- The tip of the fin is pale reddish and not clear
- white belly
- white chin
- If the stomach is striped then it doesn't ooze fluid
2. Spawning Seeds
The next method of tilapia cultivation is seed spawning, which aims to make the broodstock produce seeds which will then be stocked in separate ponds.
Well, the steps for spawning seeds are as follows:
- Make a pool measuring 3×4 meters with a depth of 60 cm
- Put fine mud at the bottom of the pond so that the tilapia can make their nests easily
- After the process of making the pond is completely completed, then enter the male and female sires in a ratio of 3:2. every
- When fertilization occurs, the female will collect and store the eggs in her mouth, starting from the incubation period until the eggs hatch.
- The incubation process lasts for 3-5 days and after the process occurs, the eggs will hatch and become larvae
- Once the fish larvae reach 2 weeks of age, they can be released from their mother so they can learn to forage on their own.
3. Make a Tarpaulin Pool
Making a tarpaulin pond certainly cannot be forgotten from the steps of tilapia cultivation.
Of course, where would you want to put your fish if you didn't have a pond?
There are actually other types of pools, but tarpaulin pools are known to be much more cost effective.
To make a pond with a size of 50x50x100 m2, you only need a few sheets of tarpaulin and wood or bamboo. The stages of manufacture are:
- The size of the tarpaulin pool can be adjusted to your needs and the area of land you have
- Choose a thick type of plastic sheeting so that it can be used for a long time
- The pool is rectangular, with each corner given strong wood as a buffer so that the pool does not collapse
- After making the pool is complete, do not immediately fill it with water. Let the pool dry for 2-3 weeks
- After that do liming and let stand for 3-4 weeks
- Only then can you fill as much water as part of the height of the pool
- Then let stand for 1 week before finally starting to spread the seeds of the tilapia fish that you will cultivate
4. Sowing Seeds into Ponds
After the tarpaulin pond is filled and filled with water, the next step for tilapia cultivation is to sow the seeds into the pond.
- Spread the seeds in the afternoon with a density of about 400-500 populations for ponds measuring 50x50x100 cm.
- The first few days, you may find some dead tilapia.
- But you don't need to worry if the number of fish that die is only about 3-4 tails.
However, if it turns out that the number of dead fish exceeds that, it is better to start taking action, such as finding out what caused the fish to die.
The next way to cultivate tilapia is to provide feed. To prevent the seeds from dying, of course you have to feed them, therefore feeding must be done regularly and consistently.
Do it with the following easy steps:
- Give solid food in the form of pellets containing 28% protein, 30% fat and 15% carbohydrates.
- Feeding should be done regularly 3 times a day, namely in the morning, afternoon and evening.
- Give 1 to 2 kg of pellets for a population of 400 – 500 seedlings.
- Increase the number of kg of food when the fish start to grow
- Give water hyacinth plants so that the pool conditions become cooler. In addition, water hyacinth can also be used as additional feed for the tilapia fish itself
6. Change Pool Water
Keep in mind that changing pond water must always be included in tilapia cultivation, in order to keep it clean and prevent fish from contracting disease.
Try to change the pool water regularly at least every 2-3 weeks. Not only does it keep the water clean, changing the pool will also help clean up any food debris that has accumulated.
The last way to cultivate tilapia is the harvest process. Tilapia will be ready to be harvested when the age of the fish has reached 4-5 months after stocking the seeds.
Please note that fish with good quality will certainly have a much higher price.
Therefore, you also need to know how to carry out a good and correct harvesting process, namely by:
- Before harvesting, feed the tilapia first, to increase its weight
- Then reduce the water volume slowly to avoid stress fish
- When the water volume starts to decrease, then you can start harvesting fish by netting them
- Then put the harvest into a clean container
- You can use a plastic container filled with clean water
- Provide additional oxygen so that the fish can survive and stay fresh.
Pretty easy, right? Now, after you know how to easily cultivate tilapia, now is the time to start preparing the required capital.